Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Winter Blues

This past weekend was less than stellar.  We can't all be perfect.  Then again, maybe some of us can.  It sure seems like it.  But I'm not one of them.  I'm very far from perfect.

It started with Friday.  My back was achy.  My shoulders were achy.  My body was achy.  (Ummmm......maybe from doing 100 pushups every day?  Duh?)  I skipped the pushups and any other semblance of a workout.

Saturday was a new day.  Full of hope.  Until I got on my bike and realized the front tire was flat.  And not just a little flat.  Entirely flat.  So my bike ride turned into a brisk walk.  Granted, I got to catch up with Kimberly (we don't get to chat nearly as much as we used to since I can't partake in early morning runs with her....yet).  So it wasn't a total wash.  But walking just isn't the same as biking.

Afterwards, I thought about my pushups.  Really, I did.  But still.... I was sore.  And tired.  I actually napped for quite a bit Saturday afternoon.

Saturday evening was my running group's Christmas party.  I had a blast, ate too much, and didn't really worry about it.  I was hitting the gym and doing my pushups Sunday.

Until Sunday rolled around.

I slept in till 8:30, which is almost unheard of from me since I've gone back to days at work.  I got up, ate some crappy food for breakfast, and then proceeded to take a nap.  I was soooo tired.  And achy.  (How the heck could I be achy for three whole days?)  I scrapped the gym once again, and lazed around.

Yeah, I know.....go me.  (Said with sarcasm.)  I've decided that the whole lack of sunlight and the impending cold weather is starting to wear on me.  I don't ever do well in the wintertime.....I think I'm going to look into one of those happy lights.

This morning the alarm went off at 4:45 am.  Yep, you read that right....4:45.  In the freaking morning.  I turned the stupid thing off and laid there.  I contemplated rolling over and going back to sleep.  I almost actually did go back to sleep.  But, well, I had a date.  I was meeting Kimberly and Melissa at spin class.

Turns out we were all secretly hoping the others would cancel so we could go back to sleep!  They say great minds think alike, don't they?

We all spun our little hearts out.  The class ended with 26 pushups.  Which meant I only had 99 to go for the day.  Yep.  99.  What the heck was I thinking adding 25 pushups to my daily total each week?  Was I on crack?  For those of you who can't do math (I know I suck at it), I'm up to 125 a day this week.  And I'm pretty sure I've reached the point where my body will not let me do them every day.  I got 125 in today, I'm skipping tomorrow, and I'm shooting for 125 Wednesday and Thursday.  After that, we'll see.

Ohhhh....and today was Death Gym.  Yep, Mondays are double workout days!  Go me.  (Gotta do something to help atone for my lazy weekend.)  I did some sledgehammer swings onto tires, but this time alternating which had held the axe on each swing.  Talk about coordination.  Usually I'll do however many swings on one side, then switch.  Nope, not today.  So in between sets of those, I did figure 8's with the heavy rope.  Next I did shoulder presses with the 30lb slosh bar (which are getting noticeably easier) followed by squatting rows with a weighted (no clue on the poundage) sled on the turf.  After that alternating overhead slams with the 18lb medicine ball coupled with evil pushups.  What made them evil?  One hand on the medicine ball, one on the ground.  Do a pushup.  Roll the ball to the other hand.  Do a pushup.  Roll back.  Yeah....you get the idea.  The first set I did 12 pushups, the last two sets I got in 14.  (In hindsight, I'm really wondering why I even mentioned this pushup challenge to trainer Frank in the first place.)  I finished off with a couple sets of random medicine ball stuff.

Oh yeah.  I then came home and finished off the rest of my pushups.

I blame Bobifer.

Tomorrow I'm shooting for  walk/jog intervals on the treadmill, and Wednesday I'm trying for a swim.  I'll get to sleep in a tiny bit since I have a Wellness Committee meeting, which isn't until 8:45 in the morning.  Yay sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment