Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Sandy....

....She's a real bitch!

So, there was no gymming it this morning, kinda like I suspected.  I don't know if it was the crap I did this weekend, or the impending Armageddon, but my knee was super icky today.  More sore than it has been in a loooong time.  I even went as far as wearing my obnoxious purple sneakers to work, and not my nice black ones.  Oh well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. 

I guess it is a good thing the gym was closed on my way home from work....I probably would have went there and tried something stupid, like walk/jog intervals, simply out of guilt for eating like crap.  Oh, plus PT was cancelled today, and I have to call on Wednesday before I go, just to make sure they have power and that they're open.

Must be nice.  Working for the county, in a 24-hour building, means my offices will never close.  I worked the whole day today, and I'll try my darndest to get in there tomorrow morning.  Because if I don't go in, I don't get paid.  And trust me, I don't work b/c I enjoy it (okay, this job, I actually DO enjoy), I work b/c I need the money.

Anyways, unless you're living under a rock, you know about hurricane Sandy.  The winds are a-blowing.  I found this in the road after work today, literally right outside my house.


Unfortunately, for some reason, when a particularly awful storm strikes, the comfort food switch in my brain goes off.  So I had a fabulous breakfast, ate very well while at work, and then proceeded to come home and blow it.

Gah.  Can I hope the gym will be open tomorrow?  It is supposed to be Death Gym day.  Sadly, I have a feeling it will be closed.

Right now, the power keeps flickering, so I'm going to end this before I lose it somewhere in cyber land.

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment