Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Why, Hello There!

Oh, how I've let people down.  Not really though.  It wasn't like anyone's asked me about my blog.  I just didn't feel a need to lately.  The hubbs went into the hospital at the very end of February/beginning of March, and ever since then, well, things have been crazy.

Don't worry, the hubbs it doing well.  He did start another round of antibiotics though, because his arm is still messed up.  Plus, you know, he still has the rash on his back from the drug he was given that is a derivative of chocolate.  Yeah.....allergic to chocolate.  Let's give him a drug made from it.

Oh well.  What's done is done.  He's doing much better, he's back at death gym, and although all his strength isn't fully back, he keeps on keeping on.

Me....I'm a trainwreck.  My knee randomly hurts when I walk.

My left hand goes numb in the pinky and ring finger when I do planks.  (Doc said it is ulnar nerve related, and if it gets worse to give them a call.)

My right hand has now developed a sharp, excruciating pain in the pinky and ring finger, radiating to the back of my hand from those two fingers to the wrist.  But the pain only comes when I do things like twist open/close a water bottle, put my car in park/drive, pull up my pants, hook my bra.....stuff that seems to twist my wrist a certain way.  The pain can get bad enough that it kind of radiates to my elbow.  This has been going on for about a week....guess I'm calling the doc about this one on Monday.  Thankfully, I have no issues with it when I lift.

I'm going to leave you with this little gem.  The hubbs and I went to the auto show today.  I was so excited because they were going to have Harleys there for the first time.  I've always told him that when I reach goal weight, I'm getting one.  Way back when I first told him that, my goal weight was 150.

He took this pic of me on a Harley today.

I'm like 190-ish here.  Seriously.  And I think I look pretty damn good.  I still have my days where I feel big and bloated, but more often than not, when I look in the mirror, I don't see huge ginormousosities anymore.  I guess my point is this: seriously stop worrying about the scale.  I still weigh myself, "just to see."  But I don't really care.  Because I know I'm strong.  Yeah, I may have random issues going on that peeve me off.  But I'm still working at it, doing what I can, and living life.  

I guess I'll have to figure out a new goal to reach so I can get that Harley! 



4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Keep writing. Sorry about the pains. Bobifer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed your blogs but since our jog and breakfast we've been on different crazy- train lines. which for both of us need to be derailed !! Sux re the pain but you look fab on the hog! :-)

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've both definitely been on crazy trains! Hopefully we can meet up again soon!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! Keep writing, I don't always comment, but I LOVE to read what you are up too!! Sorry about the pain, I hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete