Sunday, November 4, 2012

Stupid New PT Chick

I really didn't mean to fall off the face of the Earth for almost a whole week....I promise!  But after that bitch I wrote about (remember Sandy?) I didn't have power for a couple of days....I was finally back on the grid as of 3:45 am Friday morning.  (Or Thursday night, depending on how you look at it.) 

Now, don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining.  Chris, the hyena and I are much more fortunate than a ton of others out there.  Our house is still in one piece (minus a few slates from our roof), and we're doing well.  But I have to gets freaking COLD without electricity.  I actually, for the first time in five years, let the hyena sleep in the bed with me.  Just to keep me warm. this week was pretty much a wash for working out.  And I ate like semi-crap.  The whole lacking in working out seems to go hand-in-hand with eating crap.  Big surprise, right?

Ohhh....I did end up with a minor snafu in whole knee recovery nonsense.  (Sheesh....see what happens when I can't blog in forever....everything is all jumbled up in my brain, and I have no organization in how I want to get everything out.  Blah.)


Thursday I had PT.  With a chick I only had once before.  I wasn't terribly impressed with her upon our first meeting, and this meeting was simply the icing on the cake.  First, let me start with Thursday morning.  I went to LA Fitness (which will forever be referred to in subsequent blogs as simply "LA") because they had power and I really wanted to shower with lights on.  So I did my walk/jog intervals on the treadmill.  I started off with 5 minutes of walking, then jogged for 2 minutes, walk for 2 minutes, repeat for 20 minutes.  By the end of that, my knee was feeling it, and I knew pushing any further would be asking for trouble.  I hung out on the elliptical for a bit, then went about my business and on to the rest of my day.

See how I ramble?  I know.  Just deal with it.  :)   (I've learned that if you say anything with a smile, people are much more receptive.)

As the day went on at work, my knee felt better.  I headed off to PT, and explained to this new chick that I went to the gym in the morning, did the whole treaddy thing, and it felt sore at the end, but was decent now.  I went about my business, and after the squats on the Bosu ball, figured I was done.

Wrong.  She wanted me to get on the treadmill.

I questioned her.  The other PT's have told me that they don't really like people running on the treaddys there because they're super hard.  They're more for walking.  I explained this to her.  I asked her if she was sure she wanted me to run on it, especially since I was on the treadmill in the morning, and fully intended on going back to LA Friday morning.

Her response was to get on it and see what happens.

Fine.  We'll see what happens. 

Here's the thing.....I am already good at pushing myself and working past my limitations.  I don't need someone who doesn't know me, trying to push me to do more....because, quite frankly, I'll up the weights and all that on my own, because I know what I can do and what my body can handle.

I start off walking, jog for 2 minutes, walk for 2 minutes, jog for another 2, and am DONE.  Seriously.  Toast.  I limped to my car, did some serious icing once I got home and was PISSED.  Friday things were really sore.  Saturday I had an impromptu Death Gym workout, and tried riding my bike there.  That actually worked out well, and once I got back home I made sure to ice up again.  Things are still kinda sore, but I'm going to try out the treadmill again tomorrow morning.  If it hurts too much, I'll go back to the elliptical, but I gotta try it out before I go back to PT tomorrow evening.

And trust me.....EVERYONE is going to hear about the misadventure with the crappy PT chick.   

(Wow, in hindsight, this blog is so not motivational.  It happens.)

No comments:

Post a Comment