Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Finally Back on Track!

Finally.  I'm starting to feel like my normal self.  If y'all haven't been able to tell, I've been in a bit of a slump.  Sure, I've been Death Gymming regularly, and running and biking sporadically, but well.....I just haven't been into it.

Plus, I've been drinking waaaay too much.  Damn softball.  Don't get me wrong, I'm loving playing softball.  But all this beer drinking had to stop.  I was feeling gross and bloated, and waking up the day after drinking way too much is just, well, most of us have been there.

Anyways, this week it stopped.  My eating has been a billion times better, and aside from a little bit of a rum (and fruit) smoothie the hubs made today, I haven't had a drink since my Birthday.  (I know, it was only a week ago.....that just goes to show how much drinking has been done.)

Back on track, bitches.

Monday, I did Week 3, Day 1 of C25K (two rounds in a row) and Death Gym.  Tuesday, the hubbs and I hit the batting cages, and I hit a billion rounds.  I alternated between rounds of  slowpitch with the softball, and the slowest speed (40 mph!) with the baseball.  See, in our coed league, the girls hit a smaller ball.  I hate the small ball, but gotta work on getting better at hitting it.  Wednesday I did Week 4, Day 1 of C25K (two rounds in a row).  Thursday was two games of softball.  In the heat wave.  In left field.  Friday was a 17 mile bike ride, and today was 4 miles of Week 5, Day 1 of C25K (two rounds in a row), followed by 6 miles on the bike, helping some good running friends finish out a long ass 14 mile run.

Can you tell, I'm feeling much more myself?

After my run, bike ride, and breakfast with BCR, the hubbs and I went to the farmers' market.  We scored all this yumminess, plus a dozen ears of corn.
Swiss Chard, three kinds of squash, fennel, and torpedo red onions.

We wandered around a bit, and this trail bread caught my eye.  It was a little pricey, but I couldn't say no.....it was just too interesting!

It was marketed as a cross between bread and granola.....looks like they got it right!

I was nervous about cutting off a slice of it; I thought it would crumble apart.  But it sliced like a piece of bread.  I tried a bite of the slice I cut.  Initially, I thought it would be sweeter, because it looks so much like granola, but it actually had more of a bread taste....not sweet at all.  I smeared a little raw honey on that bad boy (also bout at the farmers' market, but a few weeks ago), and bam.....complete tastiness!

The rest of the day was spent grilling/sauteeing veggies and catching up on laundry.  (Yep, boring ole domestic crap.)  Later on tonight, if the storms hold off, we're heading to the burrah of Nazareth for some fireworks.  Tomorrow, the end of season tourney for Sunday Softball.  Should be interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment