Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Post that Almost Wasn't

I am tired.  Oh so very tired.  In my quest to not feel like crap when I wake up beyond bright and early on Mondays, I now try to not sleep in too much on the weekend.  Today I got up around 6:30 in the morning.  Yep.  On a Sunday.

I started laundry.  I made a batch of my peanut butter baked oatmeal.  The hubbs and I went to Giant, and then to Wegmans, because Giant doesn't have bulgur.  At least, I couldn't find it anywhere, and when I used the little kiosk thing to search for it....nothing.  Then we went to LA Fitness for a short jaunt in the pool.  Then I made some cheesy Greek yogurt chicken and some bulgur/kale/chickpea stuff.  Went to the batting cages.  Came home, did more laundry.  Made some butternut squash/lentil stuff.  More laundry.  Oh, and  a ton of dishes.

Tired.  Achy.  Sore.  I had no urge to write a blog.  But, well, I have laundry in the washer and decided I might as well be constructive with my time.  Plus, I can't really justify going to bed at 6:30 in the evening.

Let me back up a bit.  Yesterday, the hubbs and I went to the gym for some lifting/treadmill action.  The lifting kicked my bootie!  Not while I was there, but today.  I am soooo sore.  I did some decent core/back/upper body stuff, and I certainly feel it today!

Which kinda sucks.  I really wanted to go for a bike ride today and enjoy the sunshine-ish weather.  But, well, I really didn't want to physically be on the bike.  I knew that getting in the pool for just a short amount of time would help stretch things out.  Plus, hitting the hot tub afterwards wouldn't hurt.  The pool it was.

So....today I'm sore.  And it is Sunday.  Which is what I now refer to as "cooking party day."  No.  There really isn't a party.  I just cook a ton of food so I don't have to worry about cooking during the week.  Cooking isn't something I particularly enjoy.  I tend to feel so drained after cooking.  Maybe its because I'm following the recipes, and doing the dishes sucks...who knows?  But I'm attempting it.

First, a recipe I made yesterday.  Only because it is so tasty it is definitely worth mentioning.  They are officially called "Healthy Eatmore Fudge Chocolate Bars,"  but could simply be referred to as chocolatey goodness.  My only complaint would be that the banana in the fudge topping is a tad strong...but hey....a healthy-ish chocolate dessert....I'm not complaining too much!



This morning was my baked peanut butter oatmeal.  I threw in craisins and a mashed banana.  (Yes, I know I've posted the recipe before.  But I keep having people ask me about it.)

I also made a bulgur/kale/chickpea concoction.  Mine isn't nearly as pretty as what is pictured on the blog.  (Which, by the way, I love!  Not the picture...the blog.  It is one of the few that I really follow.)  But it is kinda tasty.  I felt like it needed something citrusy to brighten up the flavors.  I didn't have any lemon juice hanging around, but I purchased some blood oranges when I was at Giant in the morning, and sqeezed some of that in there.  Just what it needed!


I had a bunch of mushrooms on hand, so I sauteed those bad boys and added them into the mix.

A SparkFriend shared with me a recipe for some cheesy Greek yogurt chicken, and this one is Chris approved.  (Which means extra yummy.)  Sub plain Greek yogurt for the mayo and add in a tsp of spicy mustard.  Plus, it is super duper easy.  Seriously.  My kind of recipe.

The chicken with the Greek yogurt concoction before baking in the oven.

And after.....mmmmmmmm!

The butternut squash/lentil stuff is okay-ish, but I'm not 100% certain it is a keeper.  My squash got more soggy than crispy.  But.....it is kinda tasty as a starchy side instead of a potato or pasta.  So I'll keep that in mind....I'm always looking for things to eat that give me that satisfying carb-y taste.

I didn't get a finished pic of this one.  I forgot, and right now, I'm too lazy to go in the kitchen and snap a pic of it.  But here's all the squash prepped and seasoned.  

In the midst of my cooking frenzy, we took a break to go to the batting cages.  This is honestly becoming one of my favorite weekend activities!  Today, we brought Kimberly along!  She's going to be on our co-ed team, and she's been a tad nervous.  Well.....she doesn't have much to worry about!  She was making all kinds of contact with the ball!  I told her that once it gets nicer out, we'll work on throwing/catching/fielding and running the bases.  Yay!

She looks like a pro!


That's all I have for now!  Hope you had a happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What batting cages do you go to? It looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We go to The Hitter's Edge in Whitehall. It sometimes gets crowded, but it is definitely fun! I'm ready for it to warm up though, so I can hit some real pitching.

      Delete